Professional accomplishments and involvements include Mr. Ellison’s appointment to The Florida Bar’s Leadership Academy in 2014, selection as a Super Lawyers Rising Star (2015 – 2017), and selection as a Super Lawyer (2019). Mr. Ellison is proud to serve on the Executive Council of The Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section where he has served as chair and vice-chair of several committees since 2013. Locally, Mr. Ellison is active in the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
Raised on Florida’s Space Coast, Jason is truly a Florida native, graduating from Stetson University in Deland, Florida. After earning his Bachelor’s degree, Jason earned his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University, College of Law, where he was a member of Stetson’s Trial Team while Stetson was the #1 Trial Advocacy Law School in the nation, as ranked by US News and World Report. Jason also serves on the Board of Directors for A Door of Hope, a local non-profit foster care licensing agency.
Notable Speaking Engagements
- Advanced Commercial Real Estate Loan Document Drafting and Negotiation: Lender vs. Borrower – Key Provisions of Close the LoanMarch 18, 2014
- Real Property Litigation – What you need to know for 2015. "Life After Tiara. What has Changed and What Hasn't"April 1, 2015
- Law for a Lawyer's Own Business (Part 1) – Pre-Lease Issues.May 25, 2016
- Piercing the Homestead Veil: Does New Case Law Expand Equitable Remedies Available to CreditorsMay 17, 2017
- Take it Or Leave It – FR/BAR As-Is Contract Is Straightforward And Enforceable – Action Line, the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section’s quarterly publication – October 4, 2018
- Florida Bar Journal – Volume 92, No. 9 November / December 2018 – "Navigating the Changing Landscape of Attorneys’ Fee Litigation in Florida" – by Jason M. Ellison and Manuel Farach